ONE PERSON'S QUEST TO RESURRECT SNAIL MAIL!

P O S T C A R D S F R O M D A K: A TRAVELOG OF MY MIND'S MISSIVES AND GRIPES

I have been creating my own postcards for months but decided to begin sharing them in this blog. Most are created with visual scraps found in snail mail for snail mail: There are few preprinted, diecut, acid-free, or otherwise prettified scrapbook paper--just whatever magazines or newspapers are deliverd to my door. Please note that most postcards are in the form of missives (thougtful messages) or gripes ( reflections on various issues). These postcards travel not just through real time and space, but over time will reflect the travels my mind will be taking. I hope you enjoy readindg my occaisional textual blogs and viewing my postcards as I add more each week!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Postcards To Mom

MISSIVE: Mom is STILL Fiesty

Here are two postcards I scanned before addressing and sending  them to my Mom who lives in small assisted living facility in Loveland, CO that she refers to a "the prison."  Mother is 78 years old and in poor health; her kidneys are failing, she has diabetes, she is barely ambulatory, she has a full set of dentures, and is uncomfortable most of the time--translation: she is rather crotchety to staff and relatives.  But I suppose, who can blame her? NOTE: The praying mantid is saying, "Just like you I sit in the same position for hours, I have no teeth, and I pray alot.  But, I'm the baddest bug in the yard!" 

MISSIVE: Old White Women Love Satchmo & Harry Belafonte!


MISSIVE: My Mom's Favorite Things: Flip Side


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missive to Denise and Renee

Missive to Denise and Renee

Steph's Nine Cats

Steph's Nine Cats